» PID - WHAT'S THAT? «
If the modules have a negative potential to earth in operation, there is an equally high negative voltage between the cells of the PV module and the aluminum frame.As a result, electrons from the materials used module can separate, follow this electric field and finally flow out via the aluminum frame (leakage currents). The result is an increasing charge (polarization) of the module.
» A PV MODULE DEGRADATION CAUSED BY
POLARIZATION AND LEAKAGE CURRENTS «
- The quality of your modules (e.g. the material composition).
- The system configuration (e.g. the length of the module strings, the inverter type).
- Climatic conditions (High ambient temperature, high irradiation, high humidity, ...).
- Falling performance of your photovoltaic system by up to 50% in a very short time.
- Permanent damage to the photovoltaic modules.
- Earnings losses and declining returns can put your loan repayment at risk.
- Increasing the entire PV generator to a high positive potential relative to the earth potential by using the Float Controller.
- Use of PV system monitoring for the continuous supervision of earnings.
- Immediate PID protection for your photovoltaic system.
- Regeneration of your pv-installation on up to 100% of the nominal capacity.
- Securing your returns.